Freedom... then I miss the "Oppression"

Not "Oppression".

But AP US History is over :(.

I mean, even while I was going into the test, I was thinking "I can't believe it. This is it".

During the test -- well it was pretty OK. But I can't believe it. I'm thinking, these ... 3 hours determine my fate. Well, not really, if I don't want it to be.

But you know what it means. I paid $90 for this. C'mon.

After I came out, I celebrated with all the others -- but something didn't feel right.

I mean, don't you miss LBJ and the Alien and Sedition Acts...and all these terms! All the forced writing, despite how cruel it was at times...All the DBQ analysis, all the forced memorization...

I mean, for most of us, we were cramming the night before, only to "let it go" as soon as we came out of the exam.

But I guess I never really wanted to let go. I hope this information just doesn't go away. Good thing is that relearning will take faster, and I might just "revisit" all this knowledge when I retake the SAT Subject Test (should I get a "bad" score... depends.... there is the economic crisis right now, so it better be a lower score. Of course, I wish it's a high score. Not one of those in betweens =P).

Ahh, I just miss APUSH already. Sometimes I can't believe I'm saying this.

But if you ask me if I want to take the whole course again... well I like the challenge. Just new information would be better.

I mean, I can't believe how much I learned.

I entered the year not knowing anything about D-Day and never even hearing of a President Cleveland or Harrison...and only hearing of Carnegie Hall, but I didn't know the story behind it.

Its amazing ... how, despite us not being in the "moment" when we were learning or attempting to stay awake with each of the teacher's lectures... we are probably having one of the experiences of life that will impact us forever.

A bit cheesy, I know. But perhaps it relates to LIFE in general as well! I mean, APUSH. It's going to remain relevant (until US gets out of power anyways...but that's out of my lifetime :). I think).

And my future is probably in the states. Very relevant.

Just hope I don't forget it.

0 comments: