Entry #4 - So ... WHAP ... Eh?

Yes, AP World History (that's WHAP, the coolest "addition" next to APUSH YEA!).

The amount of information one would think it holds, may seem formidable.

OK, the amount of information it holds, is formidable.

But I walked in with… well, currently taking APUSH, in 6th grade covered the first civilizations and Egyptian history…in 7th grade covered…Chinese History, in 8th grade…did something that I forgot that probably won’t help me now, and in 9th grade, Asian History (very useful now!) which includes a revision of Chinese history, as well as Korean, Japanese and Indian History.

I walked in thinking, hey, I only need to know European, African, South America, … Australia…Pacific Island…and other Asian History.

Greeaaaat. The short list that was supposed to prove my point turned out to be a long one.

So is AP World History “doable” for you?

WELL. [And don’t let my “veteran-like” voice throw you off. I am not experienced…yet as I haven’t taken the exam (not even sure if I should) – this is what I think].

I think it is easier than APUSH. That shows one of two [or both, but that’s not it] things: 1) APUSH is hard or 2) AP World History is easy.

It’s actually the former. But don’t let that throw you off (wait…why do I want you to take it anyways? =P Just kidding)

It’s definitely not one of those ones that if-you-want-more-knowledge-and-you-challenge-yourself-kind-of AP. Why did I choose to self-study AP World History when it’s not a “popular” one to study?

Well…my school does offer a lot of APs. Yeeet World History was just something I always wanted to have a big picture of.

I may be broiling in my own naivete now, and then drowning in it when I take the exam in May, I don’t know, but I just always wanted to link those “loose-terms-which-I-don’t-know-where-they-appear-in-history-is-and-what-their-significance-is” kind of terms. (Wow, I am using a lot of using-these-kind-of-words-and-hyphens-to-describe-which-is-not-a-good-sign-but-my-English-isn’t-that-good-anyways kind of descriptions).

So right now I am saying that if you want a real challenge, your school does not offer it, and have a lot of interest in history, as well as have taken APUSH (critical, because apparently APUSH sets the fundamentals for the essays) and/or AP Euro (I haven’t…planning to next year though! :D)…

Take it!

But then, I see the future quite vividly now. It has me holding a “2” in my exam results and quickly rushing to this blog and deleting this message =P. Well, you’ll find out in 6 months =).

0 comments: